Add your name to the statement of support:
Sign the statement of support
We could be on the verge of losing in Wisconsin.
The Wisconsin 14-the brave Democratic state senators who left the state to stop the Republican attacks on workers-are under increasing pressure to return to Wisconsin.
Governor Walker is even threatening to lay off thousands of state workers to blackmail Democrats into coming back.1 And as soon as just one Democratic senator returns, Republicans will be able to jam through their terrible bill.
Unfortunately, over the last 24 hours there have been credible reports from blogs and local news reporters that this is imminent.2
These senators have been away from their homes and families for almost two weeks now, at great personal cost. Their bravery has made this whole fight possible, and it can’t be easy. That’s why we need to show them that they have the support of millions of progressives nationwide-and that as long as they stay strong, we’ll stand with them.
Will you add your name to our emergency statement of support? We’ll deliver your signatures and comments electronically, throughout the day, to the senators or their staffs, so they can see how much support they have.
Click here to add your name
The statement of support says: “I support the Wisconsin 14 and will stand with them in their brave opposition to Governor Walker’s radical attacks on workers.”
Thanks for all you do.
–Daniel, Lenore, Peter, Julia, and the rest of the team
1. “Wisconsin Gov. Walker threatens to trigger layoffs for thousands of public workers,” The Washington Post, February 26, 2011
2. “Some Wisconsin Democratic senators looking to return, recalls loom (Updated),” Daily Kos, March 1, 2011
“Senate leader meets with some missing Democrats,” Associated Press, March 1, 2011
Want to support our work? We’re entirely funded by our 5 million members-no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Barry Gordon
- alias Bruce
- Words of Power
- Early America
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Thom Hartmann
- Cody Lyon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Matters
- t r u t h o u t
- History Unfolding
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Channel
- Online Journal
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.