Scott Walker Would Rather a Woman Die Than Have an Abortion That Could Save Her: It’s True
MARK KARLIN, EDITOR OF BUZZFLASH AT TRUTHOUT
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker believes a woman who has been raped and will die in childbirth should not be allowed to live, even if an abortion would save her life.
That’s right, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Political Fact “truth-o-meter”* confirms that Walker “‘wants to make abortion illegal, even in cases of rape, incest, or to protect the life of the mother.’ Walker acknowledges that is his position.”
When Walker was running for governor, his opponent charged that Walker would seek an abortion ban without exception. Walker’s campaign confirmed to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that this would indeed make it illegal for victims of rape or incest or those whose lives were imperiled to end a pregnancy.
One Comment to “On women’s reproductive rights, Scott Walker is pro-death”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Talking Points Memo
- Democratic Undergroud
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Writers Voice
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Early America
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The International Human Press
- Election Defense Alliance
- alias Bruce
- Media Channel
- Barry Gordon
- Cody Lyon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Online Journal
- Words of Power
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.