For example, ABC and NPR (and Yahoo) have this AP story on their sites (as a side story):
More obstacles impede crews in Japan nuke crisis
That AP story’s also up on Fox’s site, although with this more thrilling headline (and as a side
Workers Struggle to Remove Radioactive Water From Japanese Nuclear Complex
The Wall Street Journal has this different piece (with a headline much the same as Fox’s,
no doubt due to Murdoch’s ownership of both):
Japan Nuclear Workers Struggle With Radioactive Water
And here’s the latest from the New York Times–suitably alarming, and yet it too is over-
focused on what happening (only) at the plant (and, again, as a side story):
Higher Levels of Radiation Found at Japan Reactor Plant
But worse than all that peephole coverage is this AP dispatch–now up on CNN, CBS and MSNBC–implying that things really aren’t as bad as they may seem:
Utility says readings of radioactivity spikes were wrong
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Words of Power
- Election Defense Alliance
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Rude Pudit
- Democratic Undergroud
- Writers Voice
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Matters
- Cody Lyon
- William Betz
- Richard Charnin
- The International Human Press
- Early America
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.