News Updates from Citizens For Legitimate Government
09 Mar 2011
GOP rams anti-union bill through Wis. Senate –End run around Democratic senators who left state to prevent passage 09 Mar 2011 Republicans pushed a provision stripping public employees of their collective bargaining rights through the state Senate Wednesday evening after finding a way to bypass the chamber’s missing Democrats. Republican senators separated the provision from Gov. Scott Walker’s controversial budget bill, removing the requirement that 20 senators be present for a vote on the anti-union measure. The vote in the Senate was 18-1. No Democrats were present.
Wis. GOP Strips Public Workers’ Bargaining Rights –Wis. Republicans vote to strip nearly all collective bargaining rights from public workers 09 Mar 2011 Republicans in the Wisconsin Senate voted Wednesday night to strip nearly all collective bargaining rights from public workers after discovering a way to bypass the chamber’s missing Democrats. All 14 Senate Democrats fled to Illinois nearly three weeks ago, preventing the chamber from having enough members present to consider Gov. Scott Walker’s so-called “budget repair bill” — a proposal introduced to plug a $137 million budget shortfall destroy unions and obliterate the middle class.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Online Journal
- Talking Points Memo
- Cody Lyon
- Words of Power
- Early America
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Richard Charnin
- alias Bruce
- The Rude Pudit
- William Betz
- Barry Gordon
- Mainstream Baptist
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Channel
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Democratic Undergroud
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Election Defense Alliance
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.