Videographer Behind Secret NPR Videos Makes Push for Nonprofit Status
The site of Project Veritas’ mailbox at 2100 M St NW in Washington, DC
By Lisa Chiu
James O’Keefe, the controversial videographer, has taken down the prominent antipoverty group Acorn, senior NPR executives, and employees at both Planned Parenthood and the New Jersey teachers’ union.
But he may face a tougher task now that he is asking for help from one of the nation’s biggest institutions, the Internal Revenue Service.
The 26-year-old self-proclaimed investigative journalist is seeking charity status for Project Veritas, an organization he created to raise money for his projects.
Because its application with the IRS for tax-exempt status is still pending, little information is publicly available about Project Veritas and how it will operate. The IRS does not make public applications for charity status until after it approves them.
One Comment to “Far-right hit-man James O’Keefe files for nonprofit status”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Richard Charnin
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Words of Power
- Media Matters
- Talking Points Memo
- The Ostroy Report
- Barry Gordon
- Mainstream Baptist
- Early America
- William Betz
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Thom Hartmann
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Democratic Undergroud
- Cody Lyon
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.