Facebook To Share Users’ Home Addresses, Phone Numbers With External Sites
Facebook will be moving forward with a controversial plan to give
third-party developers and external websites the ability to access users’
home addresses and cellphone numbers in the face of criticism from privacy
experts, users, and even congressmen.
Facebook quietly announced the new policy in a note posted to its
Developer Blog in January. It suspended the feature just three days later
following user outcry, while promising that it would be “re-enabling this
improved feature in the next few weeks.”
In response to a letter penned by Representatives Edward Markey (D-Mass.)
and Joe Barton (R-Texas) expressing concern over the new functionality,
Facebook reaffirmed that it will be allowing third parties to request
access to users’ addresses and phone numbers.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Talking Points Memo
- Barry Gordon
- The Ostroy Report
- Democratic Undergroud
- Thom Hartmann
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Writers Voice
- Mainstream Baptist
- Election Defense Alliance
- alias Bruce
- Cody Lyon
- The International Human Press
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Channel
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.