NEWS FROM UNDERGROUND

MARK CRISPIN MILLER

General

Craiglist ad seeks “writers to post Right-Wing Comments to social media & news outlets”

:: click to enlarge ::

31 Comments

1. Jack

March 28, 2011 at 8:42 pm

So this is one of the ways that they recruit these losers. I know that every day, a steady stream of these paid disinformers call progressive talk radio shows like Thom Hartmanns and Ed Scholtz’s and make absurd claims about the salaries of public school teachers in Wisconsin state- sometimes they claim to be democrats who voted for Obama. They also post false figures of teachers salaries in numerous different Wisconsin cites and towns in the comment sections of Yahoo! news stories and then reply to them with things like, “Wow, great research Joe”, or “I can’t believe it, such greed!. Thanks for telling me”. Of couse, ultra right- wing Yahoo! doesn’t publish my rebuttal to these trools. Anti- intellectual doesn’t go far enough to even begin to descibe these people and their agenda.

2. Andrew Tennant

March 28, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Would make a change from the swathes of Labour and union funded astroturfers…

3. Jillian Barclay

March 29, 2011 at 1:41 am

The ad has been removed. I think I know several people who are probably employed by this company- but because they are unable to read or write, speak instead: Michele Bachmann, Newt Gingrich, Donald Trump, Mike Huckabee, on and on. Someone has to be paying them to say the stupid things they say!

4. Jeanette Castillo

March 29, 2011 at 3:18 am

Repeat the talking points! Andrew, please post some evidence of this on the left.

I also think that Jack is right. A huge part of this operation is the repeated posting of false information, like inflated teacher salaries, etc. Keep the meme alive. Today, over at The Blaze, they are talking about SCARY TEACHERS who are COMMUNIST because they don’t accept pay and benefit cuts.

5. Andrew Tennant

March 29, 2011 at 4:02 am

Jeanette, if you’re feeling bored try Have Your Say, Comment is Free or http://www.libdemvoice.org – the last of which has had three denial of service attacks made on it in just the last week…

6. WDRussell

March 29, 2011 at 5:01 am

The far right and the religious right see the truth as nothing more than a minor nuisance.
    Anybody don’t believe me? Just go to AOL,Topix,Yahoo and see some of the most outlandish lies you could possibly imagine being put forth by TeaBaggers(You can tell by their spelling).

7. cokids

March 29, 2011 at 5:25 am

Is this some lefties idea of humor? One never knows where the truth lies these days!!

8. Jihad-Punk

March 29, 2011 at 7:16 am

Celebrities have also employed publicity teams to post positive comments on celeb blogs to counter negative remarks…

this is just hilarious and absurd.

9. Steve

March 29, 2011 at 7:40 am

You all realize this ad pertains to the upcoming Canadian election, if not, it’s understandable as this seems a page straight from the Republican machine. Harper is Bush’s love child or would like to have been. I can only hope this is where Canada is NOT heading.

10. rewinn

March 29, 2011 at 7:46 am

Mercenaries are scum. That ad is advertizing for scum who don’t have the confidence in their own abilities to survive without taking money to attack working people.

11. Alan8

March 29, 2011 at 8:33 am

Aha! I’ve suspected this for a while now. I see these idiots mindlessly repeating right-wing talking points on blogs, outnumbering the coherent posts. They do this on issues where the majority of the public is against their right-wing positions, and the fact that they’re paid explains this.

They’re just another outlet for propaganda from the wealthy. It reminds me of the massive Nazi propaganda operation run by Goebbels.

12. Kathy Browning

March 29, 2011 at 8:35 am

This practice is quite harmful to the public discourse and self-government.

It’s like allowing counrefeit money into the economic system.

There should be a law that paid-for political commentary must be identified as such.

13. Wil

March 29, 2011 at 9:57 am

14. Jimbo

March 29, 2011 at 12:07 pm

ROTFLMAO!! I can’t believe you people fell for this!! Reading your paranoid comments is absolutely hilarious! Please post some more!! McDonalds….. ;-)

15. Kis

March 29, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Wil is right. It’s satirical humour and is about the Conservative and Liberal parties of Canada.

Hens in a yard… one stretchers her wings and clucks and suddenly they are all running around in circles flapping and clucking “The sky is falling!”

16. Jeremy

March 30, 2011 at 11:34 am

Is this supposed to be journalism?

How do you know there is a real social media company behind that ad?

17. Jack

March 30, 2011 at 8:27 pm

I don’t know, why don’t you call up those real “journalist’s” at FOX News and have them find out. In the meantime, why don’t you consider reading some of the other numerous articles posted daily on this website? You actually learn something about journalism because you certainly won’t find any in the corporate media.

18. David Nobel

March 31, 2011 at 7:00 am

Kris says:
    “…satirical humor…”

Yeah, that’s it! Craig’s List is just chockablock full of satirical posts about used household goods and help wanted. An ideal forum. Good call, Chris!

19. cokids

April 2, 2011 at 4:58 am

“Liberals will fall for anything. This is obviously a hoax, put on by some liberal. The terminology used is all wrong. If it makes you feel better, go with it, but you hurt your own credibility and your own cause.”

Obviously the truth lies somewhere else. NO ONE wrote it! It just magically appeared and the truth doesn’t exist…only lies!

20. Dana Walker

April 6, 2011 at 8:57 am

This ad is a fake. I responded to it and received this response: “I’m a proud, principled, ethical liberal who’s outraged at right wing billionaires paying bloggers to LIE ONLINE because so few real people hold the opinions they want to force onto everyone else. You’re asking me to HELP YOU BECOME ONE OF THEM? Good damn luck to you.”

I posted links to this page all over the place and now I have to eat crow. This tactic seems counterproductive to me. Now right wingers can say that left wingers are lying about them. If anyone has any evidence that right wingers are actually being paid to post I would love to know it. Visit me on Facebook, Dana Walker in Olympia Washington, and post any such evidence you may have.

21. Doc

April 26, 2011 at 7:40 am

This article is 100% correct.
    In fact, the entire concept of a “right wing” is a myth!
    Nobody really believes in capitalism or whatever those so-called “republican’s” write about.
    It’s all a big farce.

22. social media news

May 22, 2011 at 11:36 am

“I can’t believe it, such greed!. Thanks for telling me”

23. AJ Beamish

August 26, 2011 at 7:35 am

Kind of funny how they can’t get conservatives to do this of their own accord. Makes one wonder if they just don’t have the courage of their convictions or are just too stupid to use a computer.

24. fasdffsd

December 12, 2013 at 2:53 pm

The democrats have been doing this for a while. They are liars, thugs, murderers, and jerks.

25. MLK's DREAM: Social and Economic Justice for All | Republican Dirty Tricks

January 18, 2016 at 1:26 am

[…] a Republican,” and you may have actually encountered their “average Joe” dupes (and corporate-sponsored pay-per-post sock puppets) posting that lie all over the web.  In reality, everything MLK stood for, CONservatives OPPOSE […]

26. Economic and Social Justice: MLK's Dream Unfulfilled | Republican Dirty Tricks

March 12, 2016 at 10:21 pm

27. Broncos Jerseys

September 15, 2016 at 5:56 am

Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that
    I’ve really loved browsing your blog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I’m hoping you write again soon!