See the video from WISN-TV:
Taken Down: Dem Lawmaker Tackled by Police at Wisconsin Capitol
By: ERIN SKARDA
Is this a case of highly coincidental – and unfortunate – mistaken identity?
A Democratic representative from Wisconsin was tackled by police Thursday evening as he attempted to enter the state Capitol building after it was ordered closed by a judge earlier in
Rep. Nick Milroy of South Range arrived at the Capitol sometime after 6 p.m., when it was closed to the public for the first time in weeks. Upon arriving, he was greeted by some police tasked with the guarding the building’s entrance. The officers – who needless to say must be exhausted – apparently mistook Milroy for one of the hundreds of protesters who have been camped out inside the building and were reluctant to leave. After a brief interaction, where Milroy attempted to show his ID, one of the guards tackled him, bringing him to the ground.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- William Betz
- t r u t h o u t
- The Rude Pudit
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
- Writers Voice
- The Ostroy Report
- Words of Power
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Channel
- Talking Points Memo
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Democratic Undergroud
- Online Journal
- Mainstream Baptist
- Suburban Guerrilla
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.