Rep. Schmitz gets part of conviction overturned
By PHILLIP RAWLS Associated Press
Last Modified: Friday, March 4, 2011 at 5:17 p.m.
A federal appeals court on Friday overturned part of the conviction of former state Rep. Sue Schmitz and ordered a new sentencing hearing.
The 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals issued a 2-1 decision throwing out four theft counts because the indictment against her provided “absolutely no factual detail” about the scheme she was accused of using to commit theft.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- alias Bruce
- History Unfolding
- Media Channel
- Talking Points Memo
- Early America
- Barry Gordon
- Cody Lyon
- Words of Power
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
- The Rude Pudit
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.