From Karen Zielaski:
Remember: If you live outside the greater Phoenix metro area, you can call 1-800-352-8404 to reach the offices of your members of the Arizona legislature!
From: “Common Cause”
Sent: Mar 15, 2011 10:02 AM
Say NO to the Clean Elections repeal!
In 1998, Arizona voters approved Clean Elections at the ballot, and it has remained a popular and successful program since then. But the program isn’t popular with one group: wealthy corporate and special interests, who lost their stranglehold on the agenda at the Capitol because of Clean Elections. And with the blessing of their enablers in the Senate, they are waging a devious effort to the kill Clean Elections law.
The State Senate approved the Clean Elections repeal ballot measure and it’s up to us to stop it in the House. We need to keep elections about voters, not return power to wealthy interests.
Please call (602) 926-5170 and urge Rep. John Kavanagh to vote “NO” on SCR 1025, the ballot referendum to repeal Clean Elections.
SCR 1025, which would be slated for the ballot in 2012, would effectively end Clean Elections in Arizona by barring the use of “public funds” for candidate campaigns. The legislation doesn’t mention Clean Elections in an obvious attempt to dupe Arizona voters into repealing the successful program.
Call (602) 926-5170 and tell your State Representative to vote “NO” on SCR 1025.
The vote in the House is coming soon. Please take action today!
Thanks for all that you do.
Karen Hobert Flynn
and the rest of the team at Common Cause
P.S. If you prefer to send an email instead of making a phone call, you can do so at http://www.commoncause.org/AZ/CleanElections
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Suburban Guerrilla
- History Unfolding
- The Ostroy Report
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Matters
- The International Human Press
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
- t r u t h o u t
- The Rude Pudit
- Richard Charnin
- Talking Points Memo
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.