Drowsy air traffic controller raises safety concerns
Debate escalates over staffing of the lonely, late-night shifts when flights dwindle to a trickle.
By Julie Johnsson, Tribune reporter
Fatigued from working his fourth straight night shift, a control tower supervisor nodded off on the job early Wednesday, leaving nobody at Washington’s Reagan National Airport to monitor incoming aircraft for nearly half an hour.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Tens of thousands turning out for Bernie Sanders
- How Donald Trump will raise the profile of the White House
- How the players at the (so-called) Robin Hood Foundation want to make us even poorer
- British Special Forces “dressed up as ISIS rebels” fight Assad in Syria
- Citigroup facing federal probe over student loans
- Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries! on
- Wisconsin to buy “all new voting machines”—and Koch/Walker will go on “winning” there FOREVER! on
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren’s petition to halt “fast track” of TPP! on
- 2nd Amendment was devised to keep Americans in chains on
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer on
- NY Fed moving to Chicago, Feds stocking up on ammo, NORAD hunkering down: What's up?
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Eight BIG PROBLEMS with the "case" against Assange (MUST-READ by Naomi Wolf)
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Evil GOP Bastards
- t r u t h o u t
- Talking Points Memo
- Mainstream Baptist
- Veterans for Common Sense
- William Betz
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- Words of Power
- Barry Gordon
- Richard Charnin
- Writers Voice
- Democratic Undergroud
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.