Breitbart Changes Tune On Why He Released Sherrod Video
Eric Lach | February 14, 2011, 3:28PM
When TPM asked Andrew Breitbart last July if the release of an edited video of Shirley Sherrod was timed
to impact a Senate vote on restitution for black farmers, he said no. Now that she’s suing him for defamation,
he’s making that restitution the issue.
Sherrod made good on her threat to sue Breitbart over the video in a complaint filed in D.C. Superior Court
on Friday. The lawsuit alleges that Breitbart was “angered by the NAACP’s claims of racism against the Tea Party” and used Sherrod “to further his own agenda of counter-attacking the NAACP with claims of racism.”
It further states that the video ignited a “media firestorm” and resulted in her forced resignation from the
USDA — before the truth came out and prompted apologies from Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack and
White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs.
One Comment to “Why did Andrw Breitbart smear Shirley Sherrod? He’s just changed his story….”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- The Ostroy Report
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- History Unfolding
- alias Bruce
- Thom Hartmann
- Writers Voice
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Richard Charnin
- The International Human Press
- Media Matters
- William Betz
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Election Defense Alliance
- Mainstream Baptist
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.