From Richard Charnin:
I have uploaded the Excel True Vote Model as a Google doc. It is now available to everyone on the Internet who wants see how the True Vote is calculated for all elections from 1972-2008.
Here is the direct link:
We distinguish between the True Vote (how people actually voted) and the official, recorded vote. It is an undeniable fact that in every election, the True Vote is never equal to the recorded vote. This is self-evident since the number of votes cast is never equal to the number recorded and therefore the True Vote shares cannot be equal to the recorded shares.
In the eleven elections since 1968, there have been approximately 80 million net uncounted votes. Net uncounted votes have declined from 10.6 million (10%) in 1988 to 5.4 million (5%) in 2000 to 3.4 million in 2004 (3%). Given that the vast majority of uncounted votes are Democratic, the Democratic recorded vote always understates the True Vote.
In the 1968-2008 elections, the average presidential recorded vote share was 49-45% in favor of the Republicans. We will show that the average True Vote share was 49-45% in favor of the Democrats.
Go here for more information:
Running the Model
To run the model, just two inputs are required:
1. Choose the election by entering the election code (1-10) in cell B6
2. Enter the calculation method (1-5) in cell B7
Election codes range from 1 for 1972 to 10 for 2008.
There are 5 calculation methods. Vote shares can be calculated for all elections since 1972 using the following methods:
1. Final National Exit Poll (forced to match the recorded vote)
2. Returning voters based on previous election recorded vote
3. Returning voters based on previous election votes cast
4. Returning voters based on previous unadjusted state exit poll aggregate
5. Returning voters based on previous election True Vote (the best measure)
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Cody Lyon
- William Betz
- Richard Charnin
- Early America
- Democratic Undergroud
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Rude Pudit
- History Unfolding
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Words of Power
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- Media Channel
- Media Matters
- The Ostroy Report
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.