“One of the most elemental human rights [is] the right to belong to a free trade union.” — Ronald Reagan. Eh, Scott Walker?
MARK KARLIN, BUZZFLASH EDITOR FOR TRUTHOUT
“One of the most elemental human rights [is] the right to belong to a free trade union.” — Ronald Reagan
In this Ronald Reagan Presidential address on October 19th, 1982, is President Reagan rebuking the Soviet government of Poland or Scott Walker? Read it and honestly decide if Republican “Saint” Reagan’s condemning words equally apply to Scott Walker. They do:
Yesterday the Polish Government, a military dictatorship, took another far-reaching step in their persecution of their own people. They declared Solidarity, the organization of the working men and women of Poland, their free union, illegal.
One Comment to “Union membership is “one of the most elemental human rights”–Ronald Reagan”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Matters
- The Rude Pudit
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Veterans for Common Sense
- William Betz
- The Ostroy Report
- Thom Hartmann
- t r u t h o u t
- Richard Charnin
- Words of Power
- Early America
- Democratic Undergroud
- Cody Lyon
- alias Bruce
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Barry Gordon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.