Tune In to Our Live Coverage and Analysis of the Wisconsin Protests
Our writers are on the frontlines in Wisconsin reporting on the historic protests in Wisconsin, the largest and most sustained in decades. Please tune in to our live updates here.
While most of the national corporate media continues to reprint the new governor’s talking points from his FOX appearances, the Center for Media and Democracy is working with other outlets to help share live reports with the state, the nation, and the world. You can follow our reports and photo coverage on Facebook here.
We have helped document how the radical effort to destroy key rights for Wisconsin workers is being spun as simply "budget repair," and that these sorts of shell games are part of a larger agenda being fueled by some of the wealthiest CEOs and companies in the U.S. to advance the right-wing agenda and divide the nation. Our in-depth analysis of the role of the billionaire Koch brothers in putting Scott Walker and other tools of their agenda in office in the 2010 election is available here.
The events in Wisconsin are part of a larger series of events in state houses across the U.S., in Ohio and Indiana and elsewhere, to use politicians elected on promises of job creation to roll back decades of rights and protections for working people in the U.S. And, we will be reporting on Karl Rove and other right-wing spinmasters trying to spread disinformation about these issues and related issues. You can follow our twitter feed on these and other stories of corporate spin here.
CMD has also signed on to support the Wisconsin WAVE, a wave of local democratic resistance to measures that are being pushed to subsidize tax cuts for corporations that have funded political campaigns and out-sourced American jobs. More on this effort, which is the first that will be launched in several states, is availablehere.
We hope you’ll link to our live blog, "like" our Facebook posts on this issues, and share our tweets from Madison.
Executive Director of the Center for Media and Democracy
Director of CMD’s Real Economy Project
CMD is a non-profit organization that reports on PR spin and government propaganda on national issues, including economic reform, health insurance reform, the environment, national security, and consumer rights. We publish PRWatch.org, SourceWatch.org, and BanksterUSA.org. You can make a financial contribution to our work, here.
One Comment to “Tune in for live coverage of Wisconsin protests”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Channel
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Thom Hartmann
- Online Journal
- Richard Charnin
- The Ostroy Report
- William Betz
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Rude Pudit
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Matters
- History Unfolding
- Barry Gordon
- t r u t h o u t
- Election Defense Alliance
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Early America
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.