Shirley Sherrod Sues Andrew Breitbart Over Video
Eric Lach | February 14, 2011, 10:36AM
Shirley Sherrod, who was fired from her USDA job last year after Andrew Breitbart posted online an edited video of her, has filed a lawsuit for libel and slander against Breitbart in D.C. Superior Court. The suit was filed on Friday, and Breitbart was served with it this weekend, while attending the Conservative Political
Action Conference, according to The New York Times.
Sherrod was the Georgia Director of Rural Development for the USDA until July, when Breitbart posted the edited video, in which she was shown telling the Coffee County, GA NAACP about a time she didn’t help a farmer as much as she could have because he was white. The video made national news, and Sherrod was forced to resign shortly after its release. But when the NAACP released the full version of the video — in which it was clear Sherrod was speaking about overcoming her own racial prejudices — the story turned. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack and White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs offered Sherrod public apologies, and she was offered a new job at the USDA — which she turned down.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Cody Lyon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Richard Charnin
- History Unfolding
- Words of Power
- Thom Hartmann
- Online Journal
- The International Human Press
- alias Bruce
- Media Channel
- Election Defense Alliance
- William Betz
- Barry Gordon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.