Project Censored Annual Awards – Top 25 Stories: 2009-2010
& Censored 2011 Book Celebration
Saturday, February 5, 2:30-9pm, Berkeley!
Please join the Project Censored team celebrating their 35th year and release of Censored 2011 book! Project Censored and Media Freedom Foundation Board members and student interns are gathering to acknowledge our collaborative work and past year’s top stories.
There will be a full day of events beginning with afternoon panels including the ongoing Truth Emergency with Peter Phillips, Mickey Huff, Cynthia Boaz, Robert Abele and other Project Censored authors and award winners; the Fair Share of the Common Heritage discussion with Kenn Burrows, James Boyce, Clifford Cobb, and Dorothy Andersen; followed by a reception with Censored 2011 authors and award winners; and an evening of celebrations emceed by Berkeley’s Nora Barrows-Friedman, investigative journalist, with keynote by Tracy Rosenberg of Media Alliance. Music provided by Vic Sadot and Kevin Glaz. * The Fair Share of the Common Heritage Award in Honor of Alfred F. Andersen.
Location: Berkeley Fellowship of Unitarian Universalists @1924 Cedar (at Bonita), Berkeley, CA.
Schedule of the Day’s Events:
– 2:30-3:45 P.M- Truth Emergency Panel (Fireside Room, BFUU on Bonita, not wheel chair accessible) – free to the public
– 4-5:30 P.M- Fair Share of the Common Heritage Discussion (Fireside Room) – free to the public
* Note: the evening events beginning at 6 P.M. are sliding scale $5-20, no one turned away for lack of funds.
– 6-7 P.M.- Reception/Light Fare/Socializing/Music (iBFUU main hall, corner of Cedar and Bonita, is wheel chair accessible)
-7-9 P.M.- Project Censored Award Celebration – 7:15-9 P.M. (BFUU main hall, same as Reception), Emceed by Nora Barrows-Friedman, with Keynote: Tracy Rosenberg of Media Alliance, Project Censored authors, and more…
Come for part of the program or come for all!
Help celebrate media democracy in action with Project Censored!
Co-sponsored by Project Censored/Media Freedom Foundation, BFUU Social Justice Committee, Flashpoints at KPFA, No Lies Radio (streaming the evening events live at http://NoLiesRadio.org), Media Alliance, Seven Stories Press, and Justice in Nigeria Now.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
One Comment to “Project Censored Annual Awards: Top 25 MOST CENSORED stories!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Talking Points Memo
- Early America
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Richard Charnin
- Democratic Undergroud
- History Unfolding
- Election Defense Alliance
- Barry Gordon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
- Cody Lyon
- Online Journal
- Media Channel
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The International Human Press
- Media Matters
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.