Notorious Pro-Corporate Group ALEC’s Hidden Role in Stoking Class War in Wisconsin and the Rest of America
By David Rosen, AlterNet
Posted on February 22, 2011, Printed on February 22, 2011
The current anti-union campaign being implemented in Wisconsin and other states has the fingerprints of the American Legislative Executive Council (ALEC) all over it.
AlterNet writer Joshua Holland recently identified ALEC as one of the behind-the-scenes players in the Wisconsin showdown. It’s important to shine a bright light on ALEC to reveal how one aspect of the class war gripping America today is being fought out.
ALEC has unprecedented influence in Washington and state capitols throughout the country. According to Jonathan Williams, ALEC’s fiscal policy director, “Wisconsin has become ground zero.” He adds, “What happens could serve as a domino, win or lose, in either direction.”
One Comment to “Pro-corporate ALEC’s hidden hand behind the anti-union crusade in WI and all over”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Talking Points Memo
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Barry Gordon
- Writers Voice
- alias Bruce
- History Unfolding
- Cody Lyon
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Channel
- The International Human Press
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- t r u t h o u t
- Online Journal
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Early America
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Matters
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.