Please show support for the Wisconsin Public Employees’ Unions by attending a rally
February 22, 2011 at 5:00 PM
1211 6th Ave
New York, NY 10036
On Saturday, 70,000 activists protested against Gov. Walker in Madison, Wisconsin. The Tea Party mobilized a counter-protest to support Walker, but got a tiny turnout of just 2,000. We beat them 35 to 1
So let’s do a victory dance on Tuesday in front of the real Tea Party headquarters: FOX News at 6th Ave. and 48th St. We’ll start at 5 p.m., exactly when Tea Party leader Glenn Beck goes on!
Beck insists the American people support him, but we’ll show him the American people really support our teachers, firefighters, police – and our unions.
Make your own signs. Wear Packers gear (or just green/yellow) and cheesehead hats (we’ll bring a few to share). Bring your smartphones and cameras to tell the world!
One Comment to “New York, let’s rally in support of the Wisconsin action, 2/22 at 5:00 p.m.!”
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Britain’s Greens say NO to inequality
- Let the beavers save us—and the planet—from ourselves (2)
- On the massacre in Gaza, silence = complicity
- Beavers will help save the West (if we can save the beavers)
- 77 million Americans face debt collectors
- Gary Ravetto on Don’t let them STARVE Don Siegelman!
- ray on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Bruce P., M.D. on After David Koch leaves NIH board, NIH classifies formaldehyde—a big Koch product—as a cause of cancer
- Jonny Fredagsvik on MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites–unless you pay extra
- Uncle Sam on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Lest we forget: US shot down a civilian airliner, killing 290 people; then lied about it (and never apologized)
- FL cop forces drunk man to move his car, then shoots him dead when he bumps into other cars
- URGENT! Don and Lori Siegelman need your help!
- alias Bruce
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Ostroy Report
- Cody Lyon
- William Betz
- Early America
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Election Defense Alliance
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Talking Points Memo
- Writers Voice
- The Rude Pudit
- Richard Charnin
- Media Matters
- Online Journal
- Media Channel
- Thom Hartmann
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.