Please show support for the Wisconsin Public Employees’ Unions by attending a rally
February 22, 2011 at 5:00 PM
1211 6th Ave
New York, NY 10036
On Saturday, 70,000 activists protested against Gov. Walker in Madison, Wisconsin. The Tea Party mobilized a counter-protest to support Walker, but got a tiny turnout of just 2,000. We beat them 35 to 1
So let’s do a victory dance on Tuesday in front of the real Tea Party headquarters: FOX News at 6th Ave. and 48th St. We’ll start at 5 p.m., exactly when Tea Party leader Glenn Beck goes on!
Beck insists the American people support him, but we’ll show him the American people really support our teachers, firefighters, police – and our unions.
Make your own signs. Wear Packers gear (or just green/yellow) and cheesehead hats (we’ll bring a few to share). Bring your smartphones and cameras to tell the world!
One Comment to “New York, let’s rally in support of the Wisconsin action, 2/22 at 5:00 p.m.!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- “No comparison can be made” between 9/11 and CIA torture, says Dick Cheney (and he would know!)
- Nailed by all-white jury for “election fraud,” Rev. Edward Pinckney faces life in prison
- Is that President Obama’s CIA, or the CIA’s President Obama?
- Rudy Giuliani uses Eric Garner’s death to bash the Teachers Union
- Bush/Cheney convicted of war crimes in absentia
- Zack Taylor on Spooks in academia
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- "No comparison can be made" between 9/11 and CIA torture, says Dick Cheney (and he would know!)
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Nailed by all-white jury for "election fraud," Rev. Edward Pinckney faces life in prison
- Words of Power
- The International Human Press
- The Rude Pudit
- Thom Hartmann
- alias Bruce
- Richard Charnin
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Matters
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Democratic Undergroud
- Online Journal
- Media Channel
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
- History Unfolding
- Cody Lyon
- Suburban Guerrilla
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.