Please show support for the Wisconsin Public Employees’ Unions by attending a rally
February 22, 2011 at 5:00 PM
1211 6th Ave
New York, NY 10036
On Saturday, 70,000 activists protested against Gov. Walker in Madison, Wisconsin. The Tea Party mobilized a counter-protest to support Walker, but got a tiny turnout of just 2,000. We beat them 35 to 1
So let’s do a victory dance on Tuesday in front of the real Tea Party headquarters: FOX News at 6th Ave. and 48th St. We’ll start at 5 p.m., exactly when Tea Party leader Glenn Beck goes on!
Beck insists the American people support him, but we’ll show him the American people really support our teachers, firefighters, police – and our unions.
Make your own signs. Wear Packers gear (or just green/yellow) and cheesehead hats (we’ll bring a few to share). Bring your smartphones and cameras to tell the world!
One Comment to “New York, let’s rally in support of the Wisconsin action, 2/22 at 5:00 p.m.!”
CONSPIRACY THEORY IN AMERICA
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Vets return to Vietnam, to help clean up the mess they left behind
- Visa quits ALEC
- The stars come out against the Sexton Plan!
- Donors fleeing ALEC over Trayvon Martin’s shooting
- Now you see it, soon you won’t: Welcome to the memory hole
- wombat on What’s the matter with Alabama? Roger Shuler kept in jail indefinitely, paraded into court IN CHAINS
- Fukushima’s toxic ocean plume will reach US waters in 2014 :: News … | Save The Pacific Ocean on Fukushima’s toxic ocean plume will reach US waters in 2014
- Gus Wynn on Does Rachel Maddow lay off MSNBC sponsors?
- Robin Roland on Score one (at last) for the Election Integrity movement!
- Julie on Does Rachel Maddow lay off MSNBC sponsors?
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- CIA's contra/cocaine scheme was a REAL conspiracy, not a "theory"
- Visa quits ALEC
- Iceland got over the recession fast—by jailing the banksters, and bailing out the people
- Here are many MORE things NOT to buy from Koch...
- Cody Lyon
- t r u t h o u t
- Early America
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Richard Charnin
- The International Human Press
- The Ostroy Report
- History Unfolding
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Thom Hartmann
- The Rude Pudit
- Online Journal
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
- Election Defense Alliance
- William Betz
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.