Please show support for the Wisconsin Public Employees’ Unions by attending a rally
February 22, 2011 at 5:00 PM
1211 6th Ave
New York, NY 10036
On Saturday, 70,000 activists protested against Gov. Walker in Madison, Wisconsin. The Tea Party mobilized a counter-protest to support Walker, but got a tiny turnout of just 2,000. We beat them 35 to 1
So let’s do a victory dance on Tuesday in front of the real Tea Party headquarters: FOX News at 6th Ave. and 48th St. We’ll start at 5 p.m., exactly when Tea Party leader Glenn Beck goes on!
Beck insists the American people support him, but we’ll show him the American people really support our teachers, firefighters, police – and our unions.
Make your own signs. Wear Packers gear (or just green/yellow) and cheesehead hats (we’ll bring a few to share). Bring your smartphones and cameras to tell the world!
One Comment to “New York, let’s rally in support of the Wisconsin action, 2/22 at 5:00 p.m.!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- NYU reneges on its loud promises to pay the migrant workers who built its Abu Dhabi campus
- Why did Bernie pull his punches?
- OOPS! Victim testimonies in UK child sex abuse inquiry ALL DELETED (quite by accident, of course)
- “Untold number of civilians” slaughtered by Obama’s (airborne) Murder, Inc.
- To censor a live feed of the debate, CNN shuts down @Bernie2016tv
- Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries! on
- Wisconsin to buy “all new voting machines”—and Koch/Walker will go on “winning” there FOREVER! on
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren’s petition to halt “fast track” of TPP! on
- 2nd Amendment was devised to keep Americans in chains on
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- US forced Iraqis to buy seeds from Monsanto—and now we're ALL under the gun! (2)
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- NY Fed moving to Chicago, Feds stocking up on ammo, NORAD hunkering down: What's up?
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Barry Gordon
- Online Journal
- Writers Voice
- t r u t h o u t
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Ostroy Report
- Early America
- Talking Points Memo
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- Cody Lyon
- Media Channel
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The International Human Press
- History Unfolding
- Suburban Guerrilla
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.