Please show support for the Wisconsin Public Employees’ Unions by attending a rally
February 22, 2011 at 5:00 PM
1211 6th Ave
New York, NY 10036
On Saturday, 70,000 activists protested against Gov. Walker in Madison, Wisconsin. The Tea Party mobilized a counter-protest to support Walker, but got a tiny turnout of just 2,000. We beat them 35 to 1
So let’s do a victory dance on Tuesday in front of the real Tea Party headquarters: FOX News at 6th Ave. and 48th St. We’ll start at 5 p.m., exactly when Tea Party leader Glenn Beck goes on!
Beck insists the American people support him, but we’ll show him the American people really support our teachers, firefighters, police – and our unions.
Make your own signs. Wear Packers gear (or just green/yellow) and cheesehead hats (we’ll bring a few to share). Bring your smartphones and cameras to tell the world!
One Comment to “New York, let’s rally in support of the Wisconsin action, 2/22 at 5:00 p.m.!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Catholic right goes ape over Pope Francis’ “green agenda”
- Those who forget how Jeb helped steal the White House for his brother have doomed the rest of us to living under HIM as “president”
- This could be big: Kansas statistician sues for paper tapes from e-voting machines
- NYTimes breaks the story of Clinton lunching at Chipotle
- Police cadet sees cops beat homeless man, reports it, quits Academy (out of fear?)
- FBI charged with “whitewash” of Saudi link to 9/11 on
- TEPCO slammed for year-long cover-up of latest radioactive leak on
- If Jeb Bush steals the White House, he’ll cut Medicaid, raise the retirement age, means test Social Security, and…. on
- Don Siegelman won’t be released from prison (WHY won’t Obama pardon him?) on
- Democrats won’t say a word about high-flying pedophile (and FOB) Jeffrey Epstein—and neither will Republicans! (How come?) on
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren's petition to halt "fast track" of TPP!
- NY Fed moving to Chicago, Feds stocking up on ammo, NORAD hunkering down: What's up?
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Barry Gordon
- Mainstream Baptist
- t r u t h o u t
- Talking Points Memo
- The International Human Press
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Richard Charnin
- Democratic Undergroud
- Early America
- The Ostroy Report
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Writers Voice
- History Unfolding
- Media Matters
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.