Mubarak family fortune could reach $70bn, say experts
President Hosni Mubarak’s family fortune could be as much as $70bn (£43.5bn) according to analysis by Middle East experts, with much of his wealth in British and Swiss banks or tied up in real estate in London, New York, Los Angeles and along expensive tracts of the Red Sea coast.
After 30 years as president and many more as a senior military official, Mubarak has had access to investment deals that have generated hundreds of millions of pounds in profits. Most of those gains have been taken offshore and deposited in secret bank accounts or invested in upmarket homes and hotels.
According to a report last year in the Arabic newspaper Al Khabar, Mubarak has properties in Manhattan and exclusive Beverly Hills addresses on Rodeo Drive.
2 Comments to “Mubarak family fortune may be $70 BILLION!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Texas approves textbooks hailing Moses as an influence on the Constitution
- How the prosecutor rigged the Ferguson grand jury (2)
- Witnesses “afraid” to testify in Boston bombing! (Why? Because they might forget their lines?)
- 81% of GM crops OK’d without sound safety studies
- Mark Ruffalo condemns NYU’s Sexton Plan: “That decision must be overturned”
- Zack Taylor on Spooks in academia
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- US votes AGAINST resolution condemning the glorification of Nazism
- US news blackout on Ebola death in Brooklyn?
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Matters
- Barry Gordon
- t r u t h o u t
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Online Journal
- alias Bruce
- The Rude Pudit
- Election Defense Alliance
- Democratic Undergroud
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Channel
- The Ostroy Report
- William Betz
- Mainstream Baptist
- Cody Lyon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.