The Huffington Post’s “Firing” of Labor Journalist Mike Elk
“There are so many reporters that sellout to Wall Street, that print Wall Street’s talking points, that do all the bidding of Wall Street. The thing that people said to me is, ‘By helping these workers you showed that you were too much on the side of workers.’ Sure, there’s a thousand reporters that are sellouts to Wall Street, but how about three or four that are sellouts to working people. I’m perfectly fine with people calling me a sellout to the working class. I’m perfectly fine with people saying, ‘Mike Elk is totally beholden to the interests of somebody making $17,000 a year that can’t feed their kids.’ I’m fine with that.”
One Comment to “HuffPost/AOL “fires” labor journalist”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- alias Bruce
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Mainstream Baptist
- Richard Charnin
- History Unfolding
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Online Journal
- Talking Points Memo
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Rude Pudit
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Writers Voice
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Cody Lyon
- Thom Hartmann
- The Existentialist Cowboy
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.