Morning Line: Mock trial arguments in a real world
Now that another judge has upheld the individual mandate clause of Obamacare – making it three in favor and two against – it would be hard for the Supreme Court to ignore the matter.
You will read a lot about this in the coming months, but there are a several things that probably won’t be so clear:
– The mandate provision has already badly hurt the overall politics of the Democratic Party, the liberal cause and the effort for real universal healthcare, i.e. single payer. The popular resentment against the provision makes it one of the dumbest pieces of legislation passed buy Democrats in modern times.
One Comment to “How is it OK to make us all buy PRIVATE health insurance? (Sam Smith)”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- t r u t h o u t
- Words of Power
- History Unfolding
- The Ostroy Report
- Early America
- Cody Lyon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Richard Charnin
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Writers Voice
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- William Betz
- Media Channel
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Election Defense Alliance
- Online Journal
- The International Human Press
- Media Matters
- alias Bruce
- Suburban Guerrilla
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.