Oscar-Nominated ‘Gasland’ Director Calls Latest Attack on His Film ‘Outlandish’ and Tells Why the Industry Is Getting Desperate
By Brad Jacobson, AlterNet
Posted on February 22, 2011, Printed on February 25, 2011
Editor’s Note: Read the letter Josh Fox wrote in response to the gas industry’s attacks on his film.
When the gas industry sent an open letter this month to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences demanding it revoke its best documentary nomination for the gas-drilling exposé Gasland, many seemed surprised by this brazen missive.
Gasland director Josh Fox wasn’t one of those people.
“What this points to is the culture of that industry, which is bullying, which is aggressive, which is outlandish in their tactics, which will stop at nothing,” Fox told AlterNet during a nearly hour-long interview.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Thom Hartmann
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Rude Pudit
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Writers Voice
- Words of Power
- Talking Points Memo
- William Betz
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Barry Gordon
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Matters
- The International Human Press
- Cody Lyon
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.