From Mark A. Adams:
The Florida Bar has proposed a new rule to eliminate coverage of court proceedings by citizen journalists. The Bar’s proposed rule prohibits anyone other than an employee of a traditional media outlet or an official court reporter from using any device which can make video or audio recording from being brought into a court including laptop computers.
Check out the article and spread the news.
Please note that if you want to object to this rule, the objection must be emailed in to the attorneys at the Bar by the end of the day on Feb. 1, 2011. Their email addresses are in the article along with a suggested comment.
Mark A. Adams JD/MBA
P.S. Since some of you may not know of my work, there’s a 3 minute video about some of it at http://blip.tv/file/1672498 Also, I’m one of the featured writers on The Daily Censored which is a news blog affiliated with the premier media watchdog organization, Project Censored. See http://dailycensored.com/writers/mark-a-adams/ for more about my work.
2 Comments to “Florida bar attacks rights of citizen journalists”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Richard Charnin
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
- Talking Points Memo
- Election Defense Alliance
- Online Journal
- Words of Power
- History Unfolding
- Barry Gordon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
- alias Bruce
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Writers Voice
- William Betz
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.