For more than 40 years, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has used the Clean Air Act to save lives, protect human health, and safeguard our environment.
But now, this critical piece of legislation is under attack, as is the very science upon which it is based.
- Representative Fred Upton (R-MI)
This is part of a well-coordinated, well-funded war on science-backed by opponents looking out for their own interests in an effort to obstruct progress on important environmental and human health protections.
The Clean Air Act was created to regulate dangerous pollutants and to implement a science-based method for the EPA to identify and address new threats to human health. In 2009, after conducting an exhaustive scientific review, the EPA concluded that global warming emissions threaten public health and welfare.
We cannot allow our elected officials to senselessly reject the EPA’s scientific assessment that global warming emissions endanger the public. Nor can we allow them to roll back the hard-fought human health and environmental protections we’ve won in the last few years! Please take action today.
Amidst the inflammatory rhetoric of media personalities and polarizing politics found in our national and state capitols these days, it’s becoming harder and harder to find leaders who are willing to stand up for science and for practical solutions to America’s energy and climate challenges.
National Field Organizer
UCS Climate and Energy Program
2 Comments to “Clean Air Act under attack!”
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- The New Yorker scores one for Monsanto with its “profile” of Vandana Shiva
- Kiev’s forces failing in the East
- We’re paying dearly for Barack Obama’s faux-progressive dance
- Vexed by dissidents in parliament, Ukraine’s president dissolves it
- “Bad teachers” are the cause of US inequality, according to Bill Gates. (Did he learn that in school?)
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- http://iclworld.ru on Eight BIG PROBLEMS with the “case” against Assange (MUST-READ by Naomi Wolf)
- Pressure at work on “Liberal election fraud running rampant” in Arizona, say Tea-Baggers!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- "Bad teachers" are the cause of US inequality, according to Bill Gates. (Did he learn that in school?)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Help tell the world about what happened to Don Siegelman!
- The New Yorker scores one for Monsanto with its "profile" of Vandana Shiva
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Cody Lyon
- Thom Hartmann
- alias Bruce
- Media Matters
- Talking Points Memo
- The International Human Press
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- William Betz
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Rude Pudit
- Online Journal
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Writers Voice
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Election Defense Alliance
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Veterans for Common Sense
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.