For more than 40 years, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has used the Clean Air Act to save lives, protect human health, and safeguard our environment.
But now, this critical piece of legislation is under attack, as is the very science upon which it is based.
– Representative Fred Upton (R-MI)
This is part of a well-coordinated, well-funded war on science-backed by opponents looking out for their own interests in an effort to obstruct progress on important environmental and human health protections.
The Clean Air Act was created to regulate dangerous pollutants and to implement a science-based method for the EPA to identify and address new threats to human health. In 2009, after conducting an exhaustive scientific review, the EPA concluded that global warming emissions threaten public health and welfare.
We cannot allow our elected officials to senselessly reject the EPA’s scientific assessment that global warming emissions endanger the public. Nor can we allow them to roll back the hard-fought human health and environmental protections we’ve won in the last few years! Please take action today.
Amidst the inflammatory rhetoric of media personalities and polarizing politics found in our national and state capitols these days, it’s becoming harder and harder to find leaders who are willing to stand up for science and for practical solutions to America’s energy and climate challenges.
National Field Organizer
UCS Climate and Energy Program
2 Comments to “Clean Air Act under attack!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Markey looking into bogus climate studies funded by Big Oil and Coal
- US to send 300 military “instructors” to Ukraine
- Bibi’s big mouth threatening the neo-con agenda? Even Robert Kagan doesn’t want him bellowing in Congress
- Google plans to rank websites according to their “truthfulness” (GOT THAT?)
- US military officers in ethical collapse, at every level guilty of “dishonesty and deception” (Army War College report)
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren’s petition to halt “fast track” of TPP! on
- Education should be free, and so should student debtors on
- Exit polls in Florida show Democrat way, way ahead in race for governor on
- Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries! on
- PETITION to the US State Department from the family of Dr. Robert Black on
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Gitmo on Lake Michigan: Chicago PD's "black site" is a glaring crime against the Bill of Rights
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Rude Pudit
- Writers Voice
- Cody Lyon
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Channel
- alias Bruce
- Online Journal
- The International Human Press
- William Betz
- Talking Points Memo
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Mainstream Baptist
- History Unfolding
- Thom Hartmann
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Richard Charnin
- Words of Power
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Barry Gordon
- Media Matters
- Suburban Guerrilla
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.