Subject: NEWS FROM EGYPT – please spread the word!
Dear friends who work in journalism:
I’m sure you’re all aware of what’s going on in Egypt. The situation is extremely dire, as the government has now cut the country off from SMS and internet service.
Below is a letter an Egyptian friend of mine asked me to pass along to anyone who can get the word to media organizations, so please do what you can.
More information at this link:
Thank you for your continued coverage of the protests in Egypt. Several local sources have confirmed that the Egyptian government has completely disabled Short Messaging Service texts and the Internet. We have been unable to reach many of our friends and family via the
Cutting off protesters and the rest of Egypt from all methods of communicating with the outside world is a grave situation. There have already been reports of widespread abuses by the government security offices, and such a media and communication blackout only guarantees that the security forces can do as they please in crushing tomorrow’s protests without threat of exposure to the world.
We implore you to provide live coverage of the protests as they unfold. This is crucial not only in potentially saving lives of Egyptian protesters and policemen, but in also stirring up the opinions of the international community and international leadership to place more pressure on their governments to condemn the actions of the Egyptian government.
2 Comments to “URGENT! Egypt has gone dark! Mubarak cuts his people off from Internet, SMS!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The International Human Press
- Mainstream Baptist
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- alias Bruce
- Democratic Undergroud
- Richard Charnin
- Early America
- Media Channel
- Words of Power
- William Betz
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
- Talking Points Memo
- The Ostroy Report
- Suburban Guerrilla
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.