Stonyfield Farms did NOT sell out to Monsanto
We Can’t Let GE Alfalfa Destroy Organic Dairy – A Letter from Gary »
The Organic Community Must Come Out Swinging at the Right Opponents
Dear Stonyfield friends,
On Thursday the USDA announced a policy that supports the interests of Monsanto and big biotech and deals a major blow to organic farming. They decided to “deregulate” genetically engineered (GE) alfalfa, meaning to allow its unrestricted use. In the months leading up to this decision, a coalition of us has been working ceaselessly to fight for any and all alternatives. I’ve personally spent days, nights, weekends and vacations as we worked right though the holidays along with our colleagues to try to prevent this chemical giant from steamrolling over farmers, consumers and organic foods supporters. So, it is particularly sad for me to report to you that in this latest round, which is surely just one chapter, they won and we lost.
Making matters worse, on the day of the decision, the Organic Consumers Association distributed an inaccurate, irresponsible and frankly appalling letter that attempted to pin the blame for the USDA’s decision squarely on Stonyfield, Organic Valley and Whole Foods. OCA’s letter is blatantly untrue and dangerously misleading, but also deeply divisive at a time when we all need to be focused on immediate actions necessary to stop this new policy from going into effect.
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- MCM talks about Forbidden Bookshelf (dynamite interview with Peter B. Collins)
- St. Louis cops pick off another citizen, then lie about it (VIDEO)
- This is the way the world ends—not with a bang, but a Happy Meal
- Those robo-cops in Ferguson—and not just there—are out to kill the poor (MUST-READ by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar)
- Detroit protesters win a moratorium on water shutoff, call for probe of vast corruption
- best diaper bag reviews on Prop 89
- Defective Airbag on More Americans think Snowden is a patriot than a traitor
- wine bar lakeland on More Americans think Snowden is a patriot than a traitor
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Russians offer evidence of Kiev's trigger hand in MH17 downing
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Shooting unarmed black men is a normal thing for US cops, who often get away with it
- Why are all those trolls out there? NYTimes' Fahrad Manjoo blames "incivility"—not the state or corporations
- Online Journal
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Rude Pudit
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Ostroy Report
- Cody Lyon
- Barry Gordon
- William Betz
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Richard Charnin
- Election Defense Alliance
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Writers Voice
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Thom Hartmann
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Matters
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.