Soldiers Forced to See Chaplain After Failing Spiritual Fitness Test
Senior Research Director, Military Religious Freedom Foundation; Author, Liars For Jesus
After failing a recently implemented mandatory Army-wide “Spiritual Fitness” test, soldiers are given the following message on their computer screens:
“Spiritual fitness is an area of possible difficulty for you. You may lack a sense of meaning and purpose in
your life. At times, it is hard for you to make sense of what is happening to you and others around you. You
may not feel connected to something larger than yourself. You may question your beliefs, principles, and
values. Nevertheless, who you are and what you do matter. There are things to do to provide more meaning
and purpose in your life. Improving your spiritual fitness should be an important goal. Change is possible,
and the relevant self-development training modules will be helpful. If you need further help, please do not hesitate to seek out help from the people you care about and trust — strong people always do. Be patient in
your development as it will take time to improve in this area. Still, persistence is key and you will improve
here if you make this area a priority.”
One Comment to “Soldiers failing Army’s MANDATORY “spiritual fitness” test must see the chaplain!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Cody Lyon
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- Democratic Undergroud
- Early America
- Talking Points Memo
- t r u t h o u t
- The International Human Press
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Matters
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Writers Voice
- The Ostroy Report
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.