So they would like to see more masses of dead birds fall from the sky, and more fish wash
up dead? Some of them, of course, will heatedly deny that these die-offs have anything to
do with climate change, just as they deny that climate change is happening at all.
Others of them, though, won’t bother to deny it–because there’s really nothing to deny,
since, unlike all the rest of us, they’re glad to see such clear signs that the End Times are
upon us. The Christianists among them are okay with all such portents of apocalypse,
because, in their pre-modern minds, it means that Jesus will be coming back ASAP.
This is no exaggeration, but a clear-eyed explanation of the fierce anti-environmentalism
of the likes of James Inhofe and Sarah Palin, whose fealty to Big Oil is really secondary
to their chiliastic fantasies.
Now, we can laugh that off, or otherwise respond as mere denialists ourselves, insisting
that such crackpot zeal is not a factor in the Christianist program to end the world; or
we can face it, and face up to it, and take a stand against it, in the name of both the
First Amendment and our dangerously ailing Mother Earth.
And if we take the latter course, we’d better stop believing that these lunatics, with their
fringe views and provably unpopular agenda, were all elected fair and square. To keep
on laughing off the evidence of vast election fraud on their behalf is now as indefensible,
and ruinous, as their belief that global warming is a myth, or something good.
Unless we wake up soon, and face the truth about their “victories” and this nation’s
almost wholly faith-based voting system, they will only “win” more power next year;
then all the rest of us will pay the highest price for it.
Republicans attempt to stifle action on climate change
by Suzanne Goldenberg, US environment correspondent
Republicans have wasted no time in using their new majority in Congress to try to block the authority of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to act on climate change.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Early America
- Writers Voice
- Thom Hartmann
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- Democratic Undergroud
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Matters
- Online Journal
- Talking Points Memo
- Election Defense Alliance
- Barry Gordon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Words of Power
- The Ostroy Report
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.