From Elliot Cohen:
THE INTERNET NEUTRALITY FREEDOM ORGANIZATION (INFO) HAS JUST BEEN ESTABLISHED ON FACEBOOK. ITS AIM IS TO STOP BIG ISPS FROM DEMOLISHING THE FREE AND DEMOCRATIC ARCHITECTURE OF THE NET.
INFO MISSION STATEMENT:
The giant Internet Service Providers such as Comcast, AT&T, and Verizon seek to:
1. Abolish the flat service fee. This means that you will pay for the amount of time you spend on the Net and the amount of data you download. For example, you will be charged for downloading a video from You Tube. If you don’t have much money to spend, you will have less access to information than a person who has more money.
2. Make website operators pay for bandwidth. This means that companies with deep pockets like Fox and MSNBC will connect quickly whereas small website operators who can’t afford the high costs will operate “in the slow lane.” The Net result will be an Internet that will become much like cable TV. You will get only the information that the big media companies (and their governmental affiliates) want you to get. You will get a lot less, and you will pay a lot more for less.
These ISPs have now gotten the legal green light to go ahead with their plans and they WILL do so very shortly unless something is done to stop them. This is where you come in. The mission of INFO is to organize and plan peaceful cyber-protests, create petitions, and engage in other forms of constitutionally protected free speech and grass roots efforts aimed at preserving an open, free, and democratic Net. In particular INFO stands against the attempt by these giant ISPs to block, slow, censor, or otherwise restrict legal Internet content and Internet access.
Media contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- William Betz
- Barry Gordon
- The Rude Pudit
- The International Human Press
- Richard Charnin
- Election Defense Alliance
- t r u t h o u t
- Cody Lyon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Ostroy Report
- Early America
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
- alias Bruce
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.