MRFF PRESS RELEASE
MRFF and Five Client Co-Plaintiffs
File Federal Lawsuit Seeking Injunction
to Stop USAFA’s Unconstitutional
National Prayer Luncheon
January 31, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BEKKI MILLER FOR
ALBUQUERQUE – Albuquerque-based Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF) has just filed a formal Federal court complaint and will imminently file a companion Motion for Temporary Injunction today in Federal District court (Colorado) demanding that the United States Air Force Academy (USAFA) cancel its upcoming National Prayer Luncheon, on the grounds that it is a blatant violation of the plaintiffs’ Constitutional rights as guaranteed by the First Amendment. MRFF is proud to retain the services of renowned civil rights attorney David Lane in filing this injunction.
PLAINTIFFS’ MOTION FOR
PLAINTIFFS’ BRIEF IN SUPPORT OF MOTION
FOR PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION:
MRFF has previously demanded that USAFA rescind their invitation to former Marine Lt. Clebe McClary to speak at the aforementioned National Prayer Luncheon event. This lawsuit filing is in direct response to the Air Force Academy’s lack of acceptable response to MRFF’s demand.“Egregiously sectarian statements like [those] from former Lt. McClary blatantly exclude not only non-Christians, but also the many Christians who do not subscribe to a particularly fundamentalist view of Christianity,” said Michael “Mikey” Weinstein, President and Founder of MRFF. Please see below for links to articles providing extensive background on former Lt. McClary’s invitation to USAFA’s prayer luncheon.
MRFF’s January 20th, 2011 Demand Letter to U.S. Air Force Academy Superintendent Lt. Gen. Michael C. Gould:
A recent article from Truth-Out, which provides a thorough explanation and background information regarding USAFA’s invitation of former Lt. McClary, entitled “Onward Christian Soldiers … To Hypocrisy”:
Another recent article that provides background information on former Lt. McClary’s invitation to USAFA’s prayer luncheon, entitled “Air Force Academy Speaker Thinks USMC Means ‘United States Marines for Christ'”:
Military Religious Freedom Foundation website:http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/
BEKKI MILLER FOR
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- William Betz
- The Ostroy Report
- alias Bruce
- Democratic Undergroud
- Cody Lyon
- t r u t h o u t
- Words of Power
- Writers Voice
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Online Journal
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- History Unfolding
- Talking Points Memo
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Richard Charnin
- Election Defense Alliance
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.