And yet we’re told that the “Tea Party” somehow speaks for the majority.
This is further evidence that that movement is a fringe phenomenon, which
would dry up and blow away if it (a) didn’t have certain billionaires covertly
subsidizing it, and (b) weren’t hyped daily by the corporate press.
Let’s see how much coverage this poll gets. Since it rather starkly contradicts the
media myth that the Tea Party is a booming grass-roots movement, it’s likely
not to get much press at all. (Of course, I hope I’m wrong.)
Most Americans say tax rich to balance budget: poll
NEW YORK – Most Americans think the United States should raise taxes for the rich to balance
the budget, according to a 60 Minutes/Vanity Fair poll released on Monday.
President Barack Obama last month signed into law a two-year extension of Bush-era tax cuts for millions of Americans, including the wealthiest, in a compromise with Republicans.
Republicans, who this week take control of the House of Representatives, want to extend all Bush-era tax cuts “permanently” for the middle class and wealthier Americans. They are also demanding spending cuts to curb the $1.3 trillion deficit.
2 Comments to “Most Americans–61%–say TAX THE RICH to balance the budget!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Cody Lyon
- The Ostroy Report
- Online Journal
- Early America
- Evil GOP Bastards
- t r u t h o u t
- William Betz
- History Unfolding
- The Rude Pudit
- alias Bruce
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Mainstream Baptist
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- Richard Charnin
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.