Keep Fighting for Real Net Neutrality
After a year of promises to deliver on Net Neutrality, FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski pushed through a rule
before Christmas that favors the very industry his agency is supposed to regulate, leaving Internet users with few protections.
The chairman chose to ignore your voice – and those of more than 2 million people who have demanded real Net Neutrality. Now, he is trying to spin the media that his toothless rule is a win for Internet users, fulfilling President Obama’s campaign pledge to “take a back seat to no one” in his commitment to Net Neutrality.
But the FCC rule DOES NOT:
1) Stop the phone and cable companies from dividing the Internet into fast and slow lanes.
2) Protect wireless users from discrimination.
3) Prevent AT&T from blocking your access to third-party applications and requiring you to use its own preferred applications.
This bad rule is not the end of the story. And Free Press and our many allies are going to keep fighting to secure your right to an Internet without gatekeepers. Sign the pledge above to join the more than 2 million Americans who refuse to back down.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The International Human Press
- History Unfolding
- William Betz
- The Ostroy Report
- Early America
- The Rude Pudit
- Words of Power
- Suburban Guerrilla
- alias Bruce
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Channel
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Writers Voice
- Democratic Undergroud
- Barry Gordon
- Media Matters
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.