Poll Watcher To New Black Panther Party Videographer: ‘Don’t F**k Up The Story’ (VIDEO)
Ryan J. Reilly
Stephen Robert Morse was a freelance journalist and videographer working as a poll watcher for the local Republican Party in Philadelphia in 2008 when he got the call of his lifetime.
Members of the New Black Panther Party, he was told, were standing outside a polling place in an overwhelmingly African-American section of the city.
He shot a few minutes of video that day. One of the videos, showing two New Black Panther Party members standing outside of the polling place — and one of them holding a nightstick — went viral and was the underpinning of a voter intimidation case brought in the waning days of the Bush administration. That case has since exploded into a political controversy for the Obama Justice Department.
One Comment to “GOP lawyers STAGED that “voter intimidation” by the New Black Panthers in ’08”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Mainstream Baptist
- Cody Lyon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Online Journal
- alias Bruce
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Democratic Undergroud
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Talking Points Memo
- History Unfolding
- Thom Hartmann
- The Ostroy Report
- William Betz
- Media Matters
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Channel
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.