Ex-worker at JBLM collected activist data
by JEREMY PAWLOSKI
A former Joint Base Lewis-McChord employee who spied on war protests in Olympia helped compile detailed information on protesters, including names, photos, addresses and, in some cases, Social Security numbers, according to 133 pages of law enforcement records released by the City of Tacoma.
A former Joint Base Lewis-McChord employee who spied on war protests in Olympia helped compile detailed information on protesters, including their names, photos, addresses and, in some cases, Social Security numbers, according to 133 pages of law enforcement records released by the City of Tacoma.
The records relate to a Pierce County detective’s recruitment and use of John Towery, the former JBLM employee, as a confidential informant who conducted surveillance of local protesters against the Iraq war.
The detailed information collected about the protesters continues to be stored by area law enforcement agencies, said Tim Smith, who requested the documents.
One Comment to “Former Army employee collected data on war protesters”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Election Defense Alliance
- Early America
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Thom Hartmann
- Online Journal
- Talking Points Memo
- Writers Voice
- William Betz
- t r u t h o u t
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Cody Lyon
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- alias Bruce
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Barry Gordon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- History Unfolding
- Media Channel
- The Existentialist Cowboy
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.