The/NYTimes/ also reported this today–on p. 13.
Special Counsel: Bush Administration Broke Law
*Using White House Office to Brief Political Employees, Bush
Administration Violated Hatch Act, Special Counsel Says*
*(AP) * WASHINGTON – The White House Office of Political Affairs during
the George W. Bush administration violated the law by giving briefings
to political employees, concludes a government report issued Monday.
The report says the electoral success of the Republican Party and
possible strategies for achieving it often were on the agenda at some 75
political briefings at 20 federal agencies from 2001 to 2007. Prohibited
political activities were prevalent in the months running up to the 2006
midterm elections, according to the report.
The Office of Special Counsel concluded that such briefings should take
place away from the federal workplace during nonbusiness hours and that
attendance should be completely optional.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- US forced Iraqis to buy seeds from Monsanto—and now we're ALL under the gun! (2)
- History Unfolding
- William Betz
- The Ostroy Report
- Words of Power
- Democratic Undergroud
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Thom Hartmann
- alias Bruce
- Veterans for Common Sense
- t r u t h o u t
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Writers Voice
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Early America
- Cody Lyon
- Media Matters
- Barry Gordon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.