The/NYTimes/ also reported this today–on p. 13.
Special Counsel: Bush Administration Broke Law
*Using White House Office to Brief Political Employees, Bush
Administration Violated Hatch Act, Special Counsel Says*
*(AP) * WASHINGTON – The White House Office of Political Affairs during
the George W. Bush administration violated the law by giving briefings
to political employees, concludes a government report issued Monday.
The report says the electoral success of the Republican Party and
possible strategies for achieving it often were on the agenda at some 75
political briefings at 20 federal agencies from 2001 to 2007. Prohibited
political activities were prevalent in the months running up to the 2006
midterm elections, according to the report.
The Office of Special Counsel concluded that such briefings should take
place away from the federal workplace during nonbusiness hours and that
attendance should be completely optional.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The International Human Press
- alias Bruce
- Democratic Undergroud
- William Betz
- Cody Lyon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Thom Hartmann
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Writers Voice
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Matters
- Words of Power
- Online Journal
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Channel
- The Ostroy Report
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.