1. It fails to protect Net Neutrality for people who access the Internet using wireless devices. There is only one Internet: Users must be free to access any legal website, service or application whether they’re at home or using a mobile phone.
2. It fails to prevent new “paid prioritization” schemes planned by industry. We can’t let AT&T and Comcast charge steep tolls to speed up the sites and services of a few media giants while slowing down everyone else.
3. It fails to close massive loopholes. The FCC can’t let Verizon build a new “private Internet” under the guise of “specialized services” that would stifle competition and innovation.
4. It fails to restore the FCC’s authority, which was stripped away during a Bush-era frenzy of deregulation. If the FCC doesn’t “reclassify” its broadband authority under Title II of the Communications Act, it risks making Net Neutrality rules that will be tossed out in court right away.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- William Betz
- t r u t h o u t
- Talking Points Memo
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Matters
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Barry Gordon
- Writers Voice
- Cody Lyon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Mainstream Baptist
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.