Aside from telling us that most Americans don’t want the Bush tax cuts to be extended for the
rich, these poll results also lend further credence to the charge that the Republicans did not, in fact, legitimately win those many races that they seemingly swept on the last Election Day.
So few people want the Bush tax cuts for everyone, and so few people want the health care law repealed, that one might ask just how the GOP racked up so many victories, since they campaigned against that law, and for those cuts.
“Just who the hell are they catering to?” Dan Sweeney asks below, quite rightly. And that reasonable question prompts another: “Just who the hell actually voted for them?”
For a preliminary look at the “impossible” results all over on Election Day, see the item, from the middle of last month, by the Election Defense Alliance (EDA), at http://bit.ly/giT3aW
New Poll Shows Most Opposed to Full Tax Cuts… Just who does the GOP serve, anyway?
John Boehner, he of the (fill in your orange skin joke here), has said on multiple occasions that the recent elections, in which the GOP kicked so much Democratic ass that even downright scary, religio-crazy, swirly eyed yahoos won races across the country [reportedly–MCM], were a mandate for the GOP agenda. Boehner has said Americans now want the Congress to roll back the health care law. He’s also adamant that the victory gave him a clear mandate to extend tax cuts for all Americans, including the uber-wealthy.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Online Journal
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Channel
- Early America
- Election Defense Alliance
- William Betz
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Writers Voice
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Mainstream Baptist
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Matters
- Barry Gordon
- alias Bruce
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Richard Charnin
- The Ostroy Report
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.