From: Melinda – Health Care for America Now
Date: December 9, 2010 7:10:28 AM PST
To: John Ennis
Subject: REVEALED: Fox & GOP Conspire to Kill Public Option
Today Media Matters for America released leaked internal Fox News emails detailing an in-house policy to regurgitate Republican talking points on the air to smear health care reform. Finally we have proof that during the health reform debate Fox News ordered its reporters to use only Republican poll-tested language, such as “government option,”1 instead of the more precise and widely accepted “public option” to make the case that the offering would be a government takeover of our health care system.
As the country focuses on the implementation of the historic health care law, it is essential that we expose politically motivated reporting poorly disguised as “fair and balanced.” America’s working families won’t be bullied by a propagandist cable network and the politicians it hires and endorses.
We reject Fox News and its attempts to continually attack the Affordable Care Act and the people who support it under the guise of legitimate “reporting.” The repeal-mongers have a cable news network, but we have the grassroots on our side. Get the word out about Fox and send this message to as many people as you can.
The line between news and politicking has been obliterated thanks to Fox News’s brazen partisanship. When you look at the way Fox News hires so many Republican presidential candidates as commentators and the way the network follows the party’s poll-tested talking points, it’s clear that Fox News is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the Republican agenda. The American people lose when a network’s news presentation is designed only to serve the political goals of billionaires and big corporations.
Health Care for America Now
1. Media Matters for America – LEAKED EMAIL: Fox boss caught slanting news reporting
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Early America
- Writers Voice
- Cody Lyon
- Richard Charnin
- History Unfolding
- The Rude Pudit
- Mainstream Baptist
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
- Veterans for Common Sense
- t r u t h o u t
- Democratic Undergroud
- Thom Hartmann
- Words of Power
- Election Defense Alliance
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Ostroy Report
- Talking Points Memo
- Online Journal
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.