Hacktivist group Anonymous hits sites that cut off WikiLeaks
Distributed Denial of Service attacks targets companies ‘bowing to government pressure’
by Chris Nerney
Fighting fire with fire, the loose-knit collective of hacker activists known as Anonymous has launched a serious of Distributed Denial of Service attacks on several sites that recently severed ties with whistle-blowing organization WikiLeaks under pressure from various governments.
WikiLeaks itself has been the target of similar DDoS attacks, which were cited last week by a New Hampshire-based DNS provider that stopped hosting the wikileaks.org domain, which no longer works.
According to the BBC, Anonymous has launched attacks against PayPal, which over the weekend stopped processing transactions for WikiLeaks, and the Swiss bank PostFinance, which froze the assets of Julian Assange, the organization’s founder.
2 Comments to “Hacktivist group “Anonymous” hits sites that cut off WikiLeaks”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Online Journal
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- Words of Power
- Election Defense Alliance
- Cody Lyon
- Media Matters
- William Betz
- History Unfolding
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Early America
- Democratic Undergroud
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Channel
- The Ostroy Report
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.