Private, Opposition TV Continues to Dominate in Venezuela, New Paper Finds
Data Show State TV Has 5.4 Percent of the TV Audience
Washington, D.C.- A new issue brief looking at data on Venezuela TV audiences contradicts the widely believed – and widely reported — claim that the Chavez government dominates the television media. In reality, the paper finds the opposite is true: the state share of television audience is very small — currently only 5.4 percent –while private, opposition-owned channels overwhelmingly dominate the television audience, with
61.4 percent watching privately owned TV channels, and 33.1 percent watching paid TV.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Words of Power
- Democratic Undergroud
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Channel
- William Betz
- t r u t h o u t
- Richard Charnin
- Cody Lyon
- The International Human Press
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Matters
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Early America
- History Unfolding
- Talking Points Memo
- Thom Hartmann
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Ostroy Report
- The Existentialist Cowboy
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.