It doesn’t give me any pleasure to point out that I predicted this would happen, back when it was (quietly) reported that Obama’s closest friends include a couple of high rollers at AT&T.
Needless to add, the shrieks from such Republicans as FCC commisioner Robert McDowell—that Obama’s trying to “control” the Internet, and snatch it from Big Business–are either (more) outrageous lies, or symptoms of insanity.
And what’s with Michael Copps? He’s been heroic until now…
FCC Net Neutrality Rules Slammed From All Sides
By Ryan Singel
The federal government’s new internet fairness policy – designed to prevent the nation’s cable and DSL internet service providers from meddling with the open, free-wheeling nature of the internet – was met with boisterous criticism Monday night from all sides of the political spectrum.
Republicans, including FCC commissioner Robert McDowell, blasted the new rules as an interventionist over-reach by an activist federal regulator intent on asserting control over the internet.
Democrats, including Sen. Al Franken from Minnesota, along with public interest and free speech groups, slammed the rules as woefully inadequate to protect the public from the predations of an industry keen on turning the internet into a cyber-version of cable TV, with tiers and premium packages affordable by the wealthy.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Early America
- Writers Voice
- Words of Power
- Media Channel
- Media Matters
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Ostroy Report
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The International Human Press
- t r u t h o u t
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Barry Gordon
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Rude Pudit
- William Betz
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.