MRFF FEATURED BY THE HUFFINGTON POST
Christian Air Force Officer Vows to Violate Military Regulations if DADT is Repealed
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Selected Article Excerpts:
- Saying that his “commitment to [his] God supersedes [his] commitment to the DOD,” Air Force Lt. Col. Stacy L. Maxey has publicly vowed to violate military regulations and his oath to the U.S. Constitution if DADT is repealed. In a letter published by Stars and Stripes, Lt. Col. Maxey claims that it would be hypocritical that he would “be free to express myself if I’m a homosexual, but not if I’m a Christian.”
- From Lt. Col. Maxey’s letter: Here’s the truth: I will continue to witness to who I want, when I want and where I want.My commitment to my God supersedes my commitment to the DOD and, if officials are upset about that, then I guess they can “learn to deal with it.”
- Upon being emailed Lt. Col. Maxey’s Stars and Stripes letter this morning, MRFF founder and president Mikey Weinstein issued the following statement: “Lt. Col. Stacy L. Maxey is the quintessentially perfect example of a poisonous Poster Child of the vast legion of fundamentalist Christian proselytizing-oppressors operating with unfettered access in today’s U.S. armed forces. He and his illegitimate ilk of pernicious spiritual predators must be stopped now and very publicly! Thus, MRFF demands that the United States Air Force immediately and forthwith subject Lt. Col. Maxey to the most severe punishment possible for his disgustingly brazen and incontrovertibly insubordinate screed which is clearly violative of the Uniform Code of Military Justice as well as his sworn oath to the United States Constitution.”
- With hundreds of gay and lesbian service members among its over 20,000 clients, MRFF has been receiving a steady stream of emails and phone calls lately regarding DADT, the most recent deluge coming in yesterday in the wake of the outrageous statement made by repeal opponent Gen. James Amos, Commandant of the Marine Corps, who asserted that openly gay Marines would somehow cause a “distraction” that could cost the lives of their fellow Marines.
2 Comments to “Air Force officer vows he’ll violate military regulations if DADT is repealed”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Talking Points Memo
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Words of Power
- Early America
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The International Human Press
- Barry Gordon
- History Unfolding
- Cody Lyon
- Richard Charnin
- The Ostroy Report
- Mainstream Baptist
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Media Channel
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.