Ilene Proctor PR
Watchdog Groups Launch New Campaign To Hold Andrew Breitbart, James O’Keefe And Hannah Giles Accountable For Illegally Wiretapping ACORN Employees In Baltimore
Washington, DC- Watchdog groups have launched a new campaign to hold Andrew Breitbart, James O’Keefe and Hannah Giles accountable for the violations of criminal law they committed by illegally and surreptitiously recording employees of the Baltimore, Maryland ACORN office in the summer of 2009 and posting edited video versions online in order to harm ACORN. The campaign, www.IndictBreitbart.org, is a grassroots campaign to let law enforcement officials in Maryland know that ordinary citizens want accountability for those who break the law. Maryland’s Wiretapping and Electronic Surveillance Act prohibits both surreptitious recordings and disclosure of those recordings, with a prison sentence of five years and a $10,000 fine.
Since that illegal conduct occurred, numerous official reports have been released showing that O’Keefe, Giles and Breitbart acted illegally/unethically with regard to their ACORN recordings. Also, James O’Keefe has been arrested and convicted for tampering with the phones in Senator Mary Landrieu’s office, and he is under investigation for attempting to lure a CNN reporter on to a boat in Maryland for nefarious purposes and setting up teachers union employees in New Jersey. Andrew Breitbart posted an edited recording of Department of Agriculture employee Shirley Sherrod which resulted in her improper firing. A subsequent investigation determined that she did nothing wrong and should be reinstated.
“It appears that these zealots are engaged in a nationwide pattern of criminal activity for purely political reasons,” said campaign spokesperson and attorney Kevin Zeese. “But, in Maryland, we don’t take kindly to outsiders coming here to commit crimes that harm our citizens and community organizations. And so, with a new prosecutor in Baltimore who has campaigned on the rule of law, we are urging him to move quickly and decisively to bring these criminals to justice.”
The campaign is asking citizens to sign a letter to Gregg Bernstein, the new Baltimore State’s Attorney, which will be hand delivered the week he is sworn in in January, 2011. To learn more, go to www.IndictBreitbart.org.
2 Comments to “ACORN’s persecutors broke the law–and they should pay!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- History Unfolding
- William Betz
- Words of Power
- The Rude Pudit
- Barry Gordon
- Early America
- Talking Points Memo
- Writers Voice
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Ostroy Report
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
- t r u t h o u t
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Mainstream Baptist
- Election Defense Alliance
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.