And what will the US Chamber do?
From Cliff Arnebeck:
After the Ohio Elections Commission failed to find probable cause on my complaint against Partnership for Ohio’s Future, I issued subpoenas under the auspices of the federal courts here and in Washington, DC for production of all contributors to the Ohio and U.S. Chambers of Commerce for ads in Ohio races this year.
I proceeded through the federal court with the agreement and authorization of Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner.
I was just informed by Brad Smith, as counsel for the Ohio Chamber, that they would comply by not later than 3 p.m. this afternoon.
I have discussed the U.S. Chamber subpoenas with Matt Kairis who has represented them in the past and provided him with courtesy copies. I will advise you as soon as know whether they will be filing a motion to quash or will comply. The deadline in the US Chamber subpoena is 4:00 p.m.
I hope you can hold the presses to assure that this important information reaches the voters of Ohio before they go to the polls tomorrow!
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Evil GOP Bastards
- t r u t h o u t
- The Rude Pudit
- The International Human Press
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Words of Power
- Thom Hartmann
- Online Journal
- Cody Lyon
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Ostroy Report
- Election Defense Alliance
- Mainstream Baptist
- Barry Gordon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- alias Bruce
- Media Matters
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.