IL GOP Poll Watcher Wears Immigration Agency Hat at Hispanic Poll on Election Day
by Brad Friedman
Charges of ‘intimidation’ dismissed by Republicans as ‘baloney,’ highlights hypocrisy of ginned-up Fox ‘News’/GOP New Black Panther Party ‘scandal’…
From suburban Illinois’ Daily Herald…
“Democratic operatives took pictures Tuesday of Lawrence Moretti near a polling place at 848 N. Mill Road in Addison wearing a black jacket and a blue cap with bright yellow letters emblazoned with the letters ‘ICE,’
the logo of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.
“‘First of all, that polling place is located in a heavily Hispanic area,’ said DuPage Democratic Party Chairman Bob Peickert. ‘He had choices between hats that he could have put on his head and he chose one that could lead someone to conclude he was a law enforcement officer. What motivates him to stand out in front of that place if for no other reason than to intimidate?'”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Early America
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Barry Gordon
- Talking Points Memo
- The Ostroy Report
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Words of Power
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Election Defense Alliance
- Cody Lyon
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Matters
- Thom Hartmann
- Democratic Undergroud
- History Unfolding
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.