Watchdog Groups Demand a Senate Vote on the DISCLOSE Act Before the Thanksgiving Recess
Call On Senator Harry Reid To Tell GOP Senators, ‘No Vote, No Vacation’
WASHINGTON, Nov. 16, 2010 /PRNewswire/ — Protect Our Elections calls on Senator Harry Reid to tell Republican Senators, “No Vote, No Vacation!”
Last June, the House of Representatives passed the DISCLOSE Act to put some common sense limits on corporate funding of elections. But when the bill was called for a vote in the Senate, not a single Republican voted for it because they wanted corporations to flood their campaigns with hundreds of millions in secret money.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Words of Power
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- History Unfolding
- The Ostroy Report
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- William Betz
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
- Cody Lyon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Writers Voice
- Media Matters
- t r u t h o u t
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Rude Pudit
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.