From Jeff Cohen:
We can make a best-seller out of David Swanson’s powerful book, “WAR IS A LIE.” It’s a great holiday gift.
Publication date is this Monday (Nov. 22). If we all buy a copy (or copies) on Amazon.com on Monday, this book could rise to the top like David’s previous book, “Daybreak,” which reached #1 on Amazon/nonfiction.
Getting to the top of Amazon motivates bookstores to order copies — and helps word of mouth. Need more motivation? If we succeed, we’ll be knocking a Glenn Beck book out of the #1 slot in nonfiction/politics.
David is a brave peace advocate, intrepid researcher (and friend). You will learn a new fact about U.S. history and the history of war on every page. More info on the book (and bulk purchasing) is at http://warisalie.org
Want to get your book through your local indy bookstore? That’s fine too.
WAR IS A LIE thoroughly refutes every major argument used to justify wars — with a focus on those wars that have been most widely defended as just. You may not agree with every argument in the book, but you’ll sure be ready to debunk future lies and war-mongering like the soon-to-be-intensified threats against Iran. — jc
1. Wars Are Not Fought Against Evil
2. Wars Are Not Launched in Defense
3. Wars Are Not Waged Out of Generosity
4. Wars Are Not Unavoidable
5. Warriors Are Not Heroes
6. War Makers Do Not Have Noble Motives
7. Wars Are Not Prolonged for the Good of Soldiers
8. Wars Are Not Fought on Battlefields
9. Wars Are Not Won, and Are Not Ended By Enlarging Them
10. War News Does Not Come >From Disinterested Observers
11. War Does Not Bring Security and Is Not Sustainable
12. Wars Are Not Legal
13. Wars Cannot Be Both Planned and Avoided
14. War Is Over If You Want It
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Democratic Undergroud
- alias Bruce
- Media Channel
- Richard Charnin
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Talking Points Memo
- Words of Power
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- Media Matters
- Writers Voice
- History Unfolding
- The International Human Press
- William Betz
- Cody Lyon
- The Ostroy Report
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.