Help make David Swanson’s great new book a hit on Amazon!
From Jeff Cohen:
We can make a best-seller out of David Swanson’s powerful book, “WAR IS A LIE.” It’s a great holiday gift.
Publication date is this Monday (Nov. 22). If we all buy a copy (or copies) on Amazon.com on Monday, this book could rise to the top like David’s previous book, “Daybreak,” which reached #1 on Amazon/nonfiction.
Getting to the top of Amazon motivates bookstores to order copies — and helps word of mouth. Need more motivation? If we succeed, we’ll be knocking a Glenn Beck book out of the #1 slot in nonfiction/politics.
David is a brave peace advocate, intrepid researcher (and friend). You will learn a new fact about U.S. history and the history of war on every page. More info on the book (and bulk purchasing) is at http://warisalie.org
Want to get your book through your local indy bookstore? That’s fine too.
WAR IS A LIE thoroughly refutes every major argument used to justify wars — with a focus on those wars that have been most widely defended as just. You may not agree with every argument in the book, but you’ll sure be ready to debunk future lies and war-mongering like the soon-to-be-intensified threats against Iran. — jc
1. Wars Are Not Fought Against Evil
2. Wars Are Not Launched in Defense
3. Wars Are Not Waged Out of Generosity
4. Wars Are Not Unavoidable
5. Warriors Are Not Heroes
6. War Makers Do Not Have Noble Motives
7. Wars Are Not Prolonged for the Good of Soldiers
8. Wars Are Not Fought on Battlefields
9. Wars Are Not Won, and Are Not Ended By Enlarging Them
10. War News Does Not Come >From Disinterested Observers
11. War Does Not Bring Security and Is Not Sustainable
12. Wars Are Not Legal
13. Wars Cannot Be Both Planned and Avoided
14. War Is Over If You Want It