What to Expect When Getting a New TSA Pat-Down
Thanks to a new Transportation Security Administration (TSA) policy, many passengers are being forced to undergo an extremely intrusive and humiliating “pat down” search that is unlike anything most Americans have experienced before.
In the few weeks since the policy came into effect, the ACLU has received hundreds of complaints from travelers who have been subject to these invasive and suspicionless searches. These complaints came from men, women and children who reported feeling humiliated and traumatized by these searches, and, in some cases, comparing their psychological impact to sexual assaults.
Based on the reports we have received, those who are subjected to the searches will very likely experience the following which appear to be “standard practice”:
- Agents fingering your ankles and running their hands all the way up your legs, including the area between your inner thighs and crotch;
- Agents patting your genital area through your clothing;
- Agents rubbing and squeezing your arms, back, stomach, buttocks, and breasts with open hands through your clothing. Screeners often run their fingers along the underwire of women’s bras;
- Agents running their fingers through your hair and the area around your neck and the collar of your shirt;
- Agents running their fingers several inches down the waistband of your pants or skirt, often involving touching and/or exposing your bare stomach.
2 Comments to “Groping (you) for safer skies”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- The International Human Press
- alias Bruce
- William Betz
- Election Defense Alliance
- Talking Points Memo
- t r u t h o u t
- The Rude Pudit
- Barry Gordon
- Media Channel
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Writers Voice
- Mainstream Baptist
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Ostroy Report
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Matters
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Online Journal
- Suburban Guerrilla
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.