John Fitzgerald ran for mayor of Martinez, California (in Contra Costa County), and lost.
Or so they say. Fitzgerald’s defeat was highly dubious.
This matters greatly, not just for the people of Martinez but for all the rest of us–because the chances are that some (at least) or the GOP’s “wins” yesterday were bogus. After all, they’ve stolen many an election in the past, and most Americans either cast their votes on, or had their ballots counted by, a wholly faith-based voting system.
But everybody out there–especially progressives–seems interested only in assigning blame for the Republicans’ (apparent) sweep. Now, the Democrats in general, and Obama in particular, do certainly deserve a lot of blame for selling out the millions of Americans who’d voted for them two years earlier. But all that is beside the point, if those Republicans were not elected to the House, but stole it.
So we should take a hard look at those victories by the GOP, before conceding that the latter actually prevailed.
Let’s start, then, by checking out this summary of the Fitzagerald campaign’s evidence that the mayoral race in Martinez, CA, was not legitimately won.
——– Original Message ——–
Subject: Election Fraud? Missing Votes?
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 11:15:26 -0700
From: John Fitzgerald NEW Democrat for Congress
According to the “official results,” John Fitzgerald lost the election for Mayor of Martinez. We suspect election fraud. Here’s why:
1. The number of votes cast for Mayor in the past 2 Mayoral elections were approximately 12,000 and 11,700, respectively. And yet, this election there were less than 8,000 votes cast for Mayor, despite a record turnout?! The number of votes cast for City Council were nearly identical for those past 2 elections compared with this election. So, somehow nearly 4,000 votes for Mayor just disappeared?!
2. Our 2 exit polls differ dramatically from the “official results.” One poll taken citywide by our roving pollster from 10am to 5pm found a consistent 7:1 ratio of Fitzgerald over Schroder. Another poll taken outside City Hall polling station from 6-8pm found a ratio of 1.4:1 Schroder over Fitzgerald. And yet the “official results” from every precinct showed a consistent 3:1 ratio of votes for Schroder over Fitzgerald. This is statistically implausible.
3. Eyewitness reports to our team of –
— Ballot boxes being illegally removed from the Elections Building (of which reports to the City Clerk were met with indifference)
— A conversation overhead between election workers that the scanner had broken down and “..now we will learn the real election results”
4. During election observer training county officials tried to reassure our team that the vote was secured because there would always be a visible seal on the red bags which contain the memory cards. Yet, when our team members observed missing seals on the bags and attempted to report it, the County Clerk – right there on the scene – was indifferent and dismissive. Isn’t that election fraud?
5. The election machines and data are stored and processed inside a building owned by a real estate developer who has a vested interest in the outcome of this election. This is a conflict of interest.
6. There were signs for candidates posted within 100-ft of several polling stations in violation of State election codes. Our team members complained to the polling officials to have them removed. When we reported this to the County Clerk, he was sympathetic, but toothlessly acquiescent.
7. The law requires the voting results to be posted on a paper tape outside each polling station. The Unified School District office polling station had no paper tape posted outside. When we reported this to the County Clerk, he was sympathetic, but toothlessly acquiescent.
We have videotape of much of this and will be posting a report on our website. Meanwhile, we are pursuing election fraud investigation through the California Secretary of State’s office. And we are assembling a coalition of other candidates whose votes may also have been stolen to fight for a recount and/or a complete hand count of the ballots.
Stay tuned folks, the election is not over yet!
One Comment to “Evidence of an election stolen in California”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Thom Hartmann
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Words of Power
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Matters
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Channel
- Election Defense Alliance
- Talking Points Memo
- Richard Charnin
- Writers Voice
- The International Human Press
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Online Journal
- Barry Gordon
- Cody Lyon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.